Peter B. Frisman
Professional librarian and archivist with three years' experience in public libraries, two years' experience in archives, and a background in filmmaking and film theory.
Master of Library and Information Science, Simmons College
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, University of Massachusetts
Associate of Liberal Arts, Berkshire Community College
Detailed contact information redacted from online CV — send inquiries for printed/downloadable versions of CV, and/or a list a of references, through e-mail.
- Excellent organization skills
- Leadership skills
- Project planning
- Strong writing skills
- Instructing and supervising young adults
Library and Information Science Skills
- Archives management
- Collections maintenance
- Dewey Decimal Classification
- Library of Congress Classification
- Library database input
- Library materials processing
- Actor direction
- Analytic writing
- Constructive criticism
- Narrative storytelling
- Text editing
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Digital video compression
- Evergreen ILS
- Final Cut Pro
- FileMaker Pro
- General website design
- Logging and capturing
- Macintosh OS X
- Microsoft Office
- Sierra ILS
- Moving Image Collections in Libraries and Archives
- Archiving and Preserving Digital Media
- Managing Records in Electronic Environments
- Photographic Archives
- Focused on classwork in filmmaking and film criticism
- Wrote 3 short videos; edited, photographed, and directed 2
- Directed 2 live television programs
- Coursework included two classes in videography
- Completed 12 short videos (6 solo)
2008 — 2010: Simmons College, Boston, MA. Graduate School of Library and Information Science.
Concentration in Archives; earned MLIS with a GPA of 3.583. Completed classes in:
2005 — 2006: University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA.
Earned Bachelor of Arts in Communications, under Film Certificate program.
2002 — 2004: Berkshire Community College, Pittsfield, MA.
Earned Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts.
1998 — 2002: Glastonbury High School, CT.
- Digital Post-Production — training in Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Motion Graphics
- Adobe Photoshop
- Website design
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Flash
2006, 2007: International Film & Television Workshops, Rockport, ME.
Completed one-week intensive workshops in:
2007: Manchester Community College, CT.
- Editing MARC records
- Affixing bar codes
- Searching OCLC database for MARC records
- Checking items for damage
- Edited MARC records
- Affixed bar codes
- Searched OCLC database for MARC records
- Literature searches
- Data tabulation and quality assurance
- Edited reports
- Advised on grammar, effective means of persuasion, essay structure, writing smooth and fluid prose, etc.
- Tutored middle and high school students
- Set up microphones for anchor desk
- Other miscellaneous duties
- Set up booths, staffed registration table, set up tables and chairs, etc.
- All camera work
- All editing
- Transfer to DVD
- Processed books for disposal
- Helped children with activities
- Assisted patrons
- Read to children
Jul 2018 — Present: The Donohue Group, Inc., Windsor, CT.
Project Cataloger. Editing databases of Yale University's library system for items to be placed in storage.
Sep 2017 — Jun 2018: The Donohue Group, Inc., Windsor, CT.
Library Assistant. Edited library databases of Yale University's Film Study Center in accordance with updates to its cataloging system.
Jan 2015 — Nov 2017: Aurora Research & Evaluation, Glastonbury, CT.
Research Librarian. Provided research support on independent research and evaluation projects concerning education, health, and human services.
Nov 2014 — Jun 2017: Freelance Writing Tutor.
Provided tutoring services for disciplines and assignments involving writing.
Mar — Jul 2008: FOX 61 WTIC-TV, Hartford, CT.
Operated camera for nightly newscast.
2007: New York Pro Tech Expo, Brooklyn, NY.
2003 — 2008: Freelance videographer.
Weddings, training events, etc.
2000 — 2002: Welles-Turner Memorial Library, Glastonbury, CT.
Page for children's department.
- Helped conduct reference interviews and reader's advisory for young patrons, parents/guardians, teachers
- Assisted in creating seasonal book displays
- Supervised children during special programs
- Determined items to be discarded
- Mended items
- Assisted in development of children's programming
- Wrote online request forms
- Created automated scripts via Google Forms
- Researched upcoming films
- Located synopses, blurbs, positive reviews, and publicity stills
- Wrote own synopsis of plots
- Designed flyers containing above elements for the purpose of distribution and promotion of screening
- Selected suitable materials from archival collections
- Digitally enhanced images as necessary
- Wrote code for exhibit in valid XHTML
- Designed exhibit in valid CSS
- Researched and wrote descriptions of materials in own words
- Entered and indexed data into electronic database
- Re-foldered used materials
- Six Bullets From Now
- New Amsterdam
- Evolution of Dad
- New Music Showcase
- Stonestreet Studios
- Blood Kisses
- Operated camera equipment
- Assisted in non-linear editing
- Created slideshow presentations for airing
Nov 2016 — Feb 2017: Welles-Turner Memorial Library, Glastonbury, CT.
Intern for children's department.
Mar — Jul 2013: Wellesley College, MA.
Collaborated in the development of the intranet of the Wellesley College Archives.
Jun 2010: Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Hartford, CT.
Helped publicize films to be screened in theater.
Oct — Dec 2009: American Jewish Historical Society, Boston, MA.
Designed and co-wrote online exhibitions of photographs and other visual materials related to businesses run by Jewish families.
Mar — May 2009: Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, Boston.
Analyzed information on land plans.
2007 — 2008: Production Internships.
Conducted miscellaneous duties for films and television pilots.
2003 — 2004: Community Television for the Southern Berkshires, Lee, MA.
- Organized books to be distributed for display
- Supervised children and guardians during event
- Helped children and guardians select books
- Placed remaining books in storage
- Checked books in and out via library's circulation software
- Processed books for withdrawal
- Edited classification of books in library's circulation software
- Organized and sorted books
- Checked for books in need of disposal
- Instructed other volunteers on labeling books
- Researched background of library assets to determine value
- Researched persons and settings present in photographs
- Created written descriptions of items in own words
- Recorded metadata of the photographs
- Entered all created data into spreadsheet for finding aid
- Operated camera
- Recipient: Distinguished Service Award, by Friends of Glastonbury Youth
Mar 2013: Boston Public Library, Charlestown Branch, MA.
Helped organize book giveaway program for children.
Sep 2012 — Feb 2013: Boston Arts Academy/Fenway High School Library, MA.
May — Sep 2012: Charlestown Boys & Girls Club, MA.
Devised and implemented simple and efficient classification system for small children's library.
Oct — Nov 2010: Rotch Library, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge.
Edited metadata on maps of architectural library on database.
Aug — Sep 2010: Connecticut State Library, Hartford.
Organized collection of historical photographs.
2001 — 2002: Glastonbury Youth Service Bureau, Glastonbury, CT.
Took part in student-run television program.
- Film reviews
- Other entertainment
- Film Reviews
The Simmons Voice
The Massachusetts Daily Collegian
- Three Jewish-owned Businesses of 20th century Greater Boston